News & Updates
March 18, 2020: As the world continues to face new challenges and difficulties posed by the pandemic known as COVID-19 (novel coronavirus), we are taking extra precautions to safeguard the health and well-being of our residents, our team members, and the local communities in which we operate. At our communities, we have adopted the following measures:
- Stringent cleaning procedures and protocols have been implemented.
- We are limiting access into our communities to essential visitors only—namely, those providing care and/or medical attention.
- We will attempt to screen essential visitors for symptoms of infection and to determine if they have visited areas known to be sources of the virus or have interacted with persons who were infected.
- We have suspended our programming and activities to protect our residents.
- Onsite events that were open to the public have been cancelled.
- Package and meal deliveries are not allowed beyond the entry vestibule or front desk; packages must be left in the Amazon Hub or at the front reception desk for resident pickup.
- All common area amenities have been closed to promote social distancing.
- All non-essential maintenance requests and non-emergency in-home projects have been postponed, though our team members are still available to respond to emergencies.
- Residents are being encouraged to comply with social distancing directives and to contact our staff via phone, email, and our online resident portal.
- Our Sales team members have suspended all in-person appointments and are continuing their outreach activities via phone, email, and video conferencing.
We are actively monitoring updates from the Centers for Disease Control and local health agencies, and we will make policy adjustments according to their recommendations. We appreciate all the residents who have chosen an Avenida community as their home, and we will continue to take every step necessary to maintain happy and healthy communities during these difficult times.