This month, in addition to our regularly scheduled events surrounding our Five To Thrive program, we have designed events surrounding heart health in recognition of Heart Health Month. We are also participating in Random Acts of Kindness (RAK) Week. See below for the full list of February events.
We hope you'll join us for these upcoming events. If you would like to attend any of the activities that require an RSVP, please contact Nikki Jo (NBoston@AvenidaCoolSprings.com) by the dates mentioned in the event description.
FIVE TO THRIVE EVENTS
Super Bowl Party, 2/2
- The Super Bowl will be streamed in the Club Room and Great Room this Sunday. Bring your own snacks and drinks, and show some spirit by wearing your team's colors!
New Resident Welcome Home Party, 2/4
- Join us in welcoming our newest residents home on Tuesday, 2/4 at 3:30 pm. If you would like to attend, please RSVP by 2/3.
Chunky Knit Blanket Making Class, 2/5
- Learn how to make chunky knit blankets on Wednesday, 2/5 at 10 am. If you are interested in joining us, please remember to bring 3-5 skeins of your own chunky yarn.
National Wear Red Day, 2/7
- Friday, 2/7 is National Wear Red Day for Heart Health Month. In recognition of the day, add the color red to your ensemble. Meet in the lobby at 9 am for a group photo!
Meditation Strategies, 2/19
- Support Heart Health Month and learn meditation strategies to help you de-stress on Wednesday, 2/19 at 10 am in the yoga room.
Yappy Hour, 2/20
- Bring your dogs to Yappy Hour in the Club Room on Thursday, 2/20 at 3:30 pm. Drinks and doggy treats will be provided.
Adult CPR Class, 2/22
- Adult CPR Class will be offered to support Heart Health Month on Saturday, 2/22 at 1:30 pm. If you would like to participate, please RSVP by 2/21.
Chili Cook-Off Happy Hour, 2/25
- Join us on Tuesday, 2/25 at 4 pm for our Chili Cook-Off Happy Hour. If you would like to attend, please sign-up in the mailroom.
Radnor Park Hike, 2/26
- Take a hike with us on Wednesday, 2/26 at Radnor Park at 2:00 pm. Transportation will be provided. If you would like to attend, please RSVP by 2/25.
RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS WEEK: 2/11 - 2/17
RAK Week Kickoff, 2/11
- At 11:30 am we will head to Downtown Franklin and hand out treats and gifts as random acts of kindness to our Franklin neighbors. If you would like to join us, please RSVP by 2/8.
A Heart of Gratitude, 2/12
- Sometimes it's easy to focus on the things that are bringing us down and making life difficult. But, science shows that when we spend even a small amount of time focusing on the things we're grateful for, our lives are much better. We start seeing things in a more positive light and find fewer things to complain about. It can be as easy as starting your day by thinking of one thing you're grateful for! Make it a point to take a deep breath and think of something that makes you happy before you complain. We are challenging you to go the whole day without a single complaint. Instead, choose to be grateful.
A Handwritten Letter, 2/13
- When was the last time you received a handwritten note? There’s something about a handwritten note that feels more meaningful than a text or email. It’s personal and something that you can hang onto forever! Next time you want to show appreciation for someone, write them a meaningful message. There will be supplies in the Creative Arts Room all day, so stop by, design a card, write a message, and we will mail your card out.
Valentine's Day Breakfast, 2/14
- Join us for Valentine's Day breakfast on Friday, 2/14. Grades 4-6 from Montessori School will be stopping by from 9:00 am to 9:30 am with sweet treats, cards, and a special performance. If you would like to join us, please RSVP by 2/12.
Invite a Friend to Line Dancing, 2/14
- Valentine's Day celebrates romantic love, friendship, and admiration. Take part in the celebration and invite a friend to join you for an afternoon of line dancing, beginning at 2 pm. If you would like to attend, please RSVP by 2/12.
Be Kind to the Environment, 2/15
- Somewhere between 500 billion and 1 trillion plastic bags are used each year. While they are only used for an average of about twelve minutes, they remain in landfills, oceans, and other places for thousands of years. Be kind to the environment today and opt for a reusable bag if you go out shopping.
Be Eco-Kind and Use the Same Cup All Day, 2/16
- Every year, 38 billion plastic water bottles and 25 billion Styrofoam cups are thrown out—and that’s just in the United States! Drinking water, coffee, and tea is a daily occurrence, so we are challenging you to use one cup for the entire day.
Be a Welcoming Neighbor, 2/17
- To conclude RAK Week, we encourage you to meet someone you haven’t previously met or carry out a random act of kindness for a neighbor.